Thursday 4 March 2021

Happy World Book Day

 Hello everyone and a huge HAPPY WORLD BOOK DAY to you all...

I know that not all of you are in school, but wherever you are I hope that you have fun sharing books and stories. This is the first World Book Day for years and years where I have not been in school and it feels very strange.

I want to share a book with you that I have just read - Vi SPY by Maz Evans. I really enjoyed it and I think that you will too - especially if you are in year 5 or 6. 

Valentine Day (Vi for short) lives with her mum and her nan. She's convinced that her mum is a spy or a secret agent. This isn't quite true though... her mum 'was' a spy/secret agent but she is retired now. So is her nan. She thinks that her dad died when she was very young... this isn't true either. When her dad reappears (just as mum is about to marry her school teacher) she discovers that he is a super villain. Can you imagine what it would be like to have a mum that's a secret agent and a dad that's a super villain??? Can you imagine what it would be like if you mum was going to get married to your teacher???

I don't want to tell you any more about this book other than that it is very funny and very exciting. I think you will enjoy it so I have sent a copy to school for you to read. Let me know what you think of it.  

Have fun reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Global Heroes Are Here!

As well as working on lots of little books during the past year, I've been busy working on a new series called Global Heroes . You can f...