Tuesday 12 May 2020

More Excellent Books to Read

Hi again - I hope you are all well and reading lots of great books. I am still reading the one that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago - the science fiction book. It's a big book and I'm quite a slow reader :-) . I keep on trying to snatch a few minutes in the day when I can read - even if it just a few pages (sometimes only three or four pages). As well as reading, I am busy writing too. I will tell you what I have been working on very soon.

Here are a couple more excellent recommendations -

Mrs Allen is now reading The Owl Service by Alan Garner. I have not read this but it is one book that almost every writer that I know has read and really loves... 

I can't wait to hear what Mrs Allen thinks about it but I have already added it to my list of books to read.










Sophie in Year 6 is reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio - and it is one of her favourite books she has read in the last month. 

I have not read this book either - but my wife Vicky read it as soon as it came out. She said it was fantastic and that she really enjoyed it. 














The last recomendation for today is from Julia in Year 6. Her choice is Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens. Robin is a really good writer and if you like a good mstery story then I am sure you will enjoy this. There are quite a few books in the series and each one is as good as the next... I've only read one of them so far but I will be reading more. Let me know what you think if you read one.





7 comments:

  1. Hi Damian,

    Thank you for all your recommendations - there must be something there for everyone! Thank you also to the Y6s who have been blogging with you - great news!

    I have a confession to make - I wasn't so keen on 'The Owl Service'. I read it and did get fairly addicted but it's possibly not one that I'l put top of my list to read again too soon.
    Better news though - I've just started SilverFin (the Young James Bond) by Charlie Higson. Oh my goodness - even before the first chapter STARTS, someone has been dragged to the bottom of a Scottish Loch, perhaps killed, by a mysterious eel man! Exciting or what? I am definitely addicted to this one already...

    Mrs Allen
    Y6 MPPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading a book that has been recommended called the beast of buckingham palace and so far i have really enjoyed it . It has a mix of adventure and feinship i havent finished it but i cant wate to see what happens next!i would really recommend it to people who like adventure books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry forgot to add my name Julia year6

      Delete
  3. Hi Damian,
    I have also just read a book called 'strong is the new pretty'. Which is were a lady goes a cross America and intervews girls and takes pictures of them she also adds lot's of quotes and different chapters are about different things.For example one of my favourite people she intervewd is Rachel who is 11 and she said 'In wrestling girls have an advantage. The guys think less of you untill you are face-to-face with them. I like this book because it inspierse me to be who ever I want to be. I can be just as good as the boys if not better. Also my favourite quote is 'Real strength is the ability to be loving, kind and a fourse to be reckoned with.' It is made by Kate. T Parker
    I really like this book and is probably the fourth time I have read it!
    Thank you for reading
    stay safe keep reading
    Amelia Yr6 at MPPS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia,
      that book sound really interesting and really different. I will add that to a blog post over the weekend. It's great to hear about a book with such an important message and theme.
      Thank you

      Delete
    2. Thank you
      Amelia Y6 MPPS

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    I have been reading harry potter and the Goblet of fire.I am really enjoying it and i would highly recommend it.It has loads of adventure,also sad parts,scary parts and lots of other heart pounding scenes.My favourite Harry Potter book so far has been Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azakban.Its so good and a really page turner and I was not expecting what happened.
    Hope you are all ok
    Lots of love Alice xxx

    ReplyDelete

The Global Heroes Are Here!

As well as working on lots of little books during the past year, I've been busy working on a new series called Global Heroes . You can f...