Monday 25 May 2020

Secret Agents, Wizards and more...

The first book suggestion today is from Mrs Allen and it sounds as if she is really enjoying this. SilverFin by Charlie Higson... 

I read this book when it first came out (I actually read the first chapter before it came out) so I know that it is really good. A very exciting book about the young James Bond before he became the 007 secret agent that we all know. SilverFin is the first in the series and there are lots more.

Here's what Mrs Allen says about it "Oh My Goodness! - even before the first chapter STARTS, someone has been dragged to the bottom of a Scottish Loch, perhaps killed, by a mysterious eel man! Exciting or what? I am definitely addicted to this one already."


Julia has been reading The Beast of Buckingham Palace - a book that was recommended a little while ago. With a mixture of adventure and friendship in the story, Julia said that she could not wait to see what happens next. 

This sounds like two recommedations for this book from David Walliams... I might have to add it to my reading list too.

Alice has been reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by an author called J.K.Rowling - you might have heard of her. I know that you have probably all see the Harry Potter films but there is a lot more in the books than in the films... SO... if you loved the
films and want to know even more - why not give the books a go. 
Alice describes it as a really good page turner - and says that there are 'sad parts, scary parts' and even 'heart pounding scenes.' 

Amelia has also recommended a book that she has read a few times... I am going to write about that seperately as it is a very different sort of book. Thank you for telling me about it...  




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Global Heroes Are Here!

As well as working on lots of little books during the past year, I've been busy working on a new series called Global Heroes . You can f...